ERP: Management support
QAD Enterprise Applications is an integrated ERP package, formerly known as MFG/PRO. It was built on a proven, scalable technology platform and designed to meet all the needs of production company, no matter how dispersed, product and territorial the business is.
QAD Enterprise Applications form a complete set of products and functionality to support the management of both one-plant organization and a company with a distributed, multi-plant structure. QAD Enterprise Application supports the QAD vision of “The Effective Enterprise” created on the basis of manufacturing companies’ needs.
The main areas of QAD Enterprise Applications system:
- QAD Financials– a full suite of financial and accounting including in its scope all the functionality to ensure the compliance with the legal regulations of both the Polish Government and European Union. It improves the work of accounting preparation of financial reports and compliance with other key business requirements.
- QAD Customers, Relationship Managment – a holistic approach to data management, products and clients, supporting the preparation of tenders, advanced pricing and distribution management. Also serving modern sales channels such as B2B, EDI and CRM philosophy.
- QAD Manufacturing – manages the whole process of production, including: warehouse, management work orders, serial/lot control, design and lean manufacturing. Labour registration, management of production documentation, and barcodes is also supported. Tracking of lot numbers and serial numbers during the manufacturing process maintains the consistency with specific industry regulation and quality standards. An integral part of package is a comprehensive planning: from the overall level through MRP mechanism, through detailed scheduling of production resources.
- QAD Logistic and Supply Chain Management –it includes modules that help to improve the management of supply and suppliers through real time collaboration, warehouse management from a simple model to advanced and complex implementations. All supplies and demand are closely linked to current production needs, which in return are associated with the declared deadline of individual commercial contracts. The integrated quality management module sends the result of test inspections of supplies to the system to drive control and cooperation with suppliers. What enables service of massive-volume delivery is the use of schedules which specify the names and the terms with accuracy of delivery times while automatically updating the long-term plans.
- QAD Asset Management – provides full service cycle of asset management from planning, through installation to maintenance and repair. It offers opportunity for management and monitoring of investments in fixed assets, such as production lines, installations, construction and project management. It defines and tracks the required period inspections, builds their schedules. QAD Enterprise Asset Management Module enables to accurately manage the spare parts and special tools (e.g. moulds for injection moulding, dies for presses, cutters, etc.) as well as optimize the time of using critical devices and machines. It allows to effectively manage operational repairs and parts replacements.
- QAD After- Sales Service – Allows companies to offer service and support after the sale of the product. It also allows the tracking of the items throughout the process and includes over the phone service, returns & repairs system. The data of products specially configured as SSM items with specific data (e.g. batch number/series) can be automatically transferred to QAD SSM module to monitor their life cycle and after-sales service.
- QAD Reports and Analytics – Allows companies to analyse data to measure business performance in key business areas. It includes a simple reporting tool and an advanced Business Intelligence tool.
- QAD Interoperability – Ensures complete database security and flexibility of the operating system, and also enables access to all elements of QAD Enterprise Applications through the effective data bus.
- Implementation of SOA philosophy – open architecture for data exchange with other system.
Basic features of QAD Enterprise Applications are:
- Access to ready- made analysis of business and control indicators : QAD Analytics equips companies with the tools which use the collected transaction data for analysis, reporting and visualisation of results, accelerating decision-making processes in many key areas.
- Ability to create several reports and analysis: The system has built-in-tools to enable easy creation of their own reports and analyses. Each user has its own set of such reports saved in the Favourites folder. During the implementation QAD provides a complete description of the database which facilitates the creation of such analyses.
- Print documents: QAD package also gives the ability to create and use graphical reports and printouts of documents. Creating such printouts and reports is very simple –based on a built-in wizard, in which we have the opportunity to define what is to be found in the reports, for example graphs, data, commonly used nowadays barcodes in basically all available formats.
- Workflow: different types of documents, such as: text description, drawings, labels can be attached to any record or screen. This is done by simply dragging a file from desktop and saving it on the server. This allows easy integration of products catalogues, engineering drawings, work instructions, invoices, contracts, etc. with the adequate files on the system.
- Multicurrency: the package simplifies financial management by recording payments and fees in any currency. Foreign currency and their exchange rates are maintained and available in order entry purchase, sale quotes, sales orders, settlements with customers, account payable, operation service, cash reports and general ledger. The multicurrency package allows companies to do business in currency operations and generate consolidated reports in the base currency. All transactions are stored in both, the transaction currency and the base currency, and the currency identified for consolidation and reporting to the board.
- Increased control and security : QAD Enterprise Applications make the financial reports prepared by the company transparent, integral and complete. It allows companies to meet requirements specified by Sarbanes-Oxley, defines responsibilities of companies and managers in relation to shareholders. It also meets the regulations of the European Union in the field of international Financial Reporting Standards of 2005, which abolished trade barriers and created a common capital market.
- Connection to partner applications: QAD Interoperability module offers a set of tools to connect applications partner to QAD Enterprise Applications. This strong set meets the standards of SOA, simplifies, improves processes and help integrate applications without programming work.
- Scalability of solution : meets the needs of companies of various sizes, from small and medium-sized business (SMB sector) to international corporation.
- Service of legal requirements: complies with national and industry business and regulatory requirements. It allows to efficiently manage risk using a system of security based on roles and reliable reporting.
- User-friendly interface: provides leading technology user interface, based on Microsoft.NET. With the functionality of QAD.NET UI gives users the best features of interface incl. flexible management of windows tasks, insight into the full menu tree, drill down capabilities “drag-and-drop” amongst others. In the QAD.NET UI transactions programs are available in HTML screens. Preview and browsers are all available as .NET screens with the new capabilities of this interface. Browser. NET provides environment compatible with Microsoft Office tools, along with the ability to export data to Microsoft Excel and use Excel tool as an entry place e.g. such as financial forecasts, and then import to QAD Enterprise Application. In addition, QAD 2012 and subsequent releases provides process maps based on Supply Chain Operations References (SCOR) model, to create the possibility of documenting the best, common practices within your organisation and track their progress closely.